PDCC Internal Competition Rules
These rules apply to submissions for all PDCC internal competitions:
PDIs/Prints may be colour or monochrome unless otherwise stated for a specific competition.
The submission and judging dates will be published in the programme.
Images can be taken on any type of camera including a phone.
Submitting a Digital Image
- Digital images should be in .jpg format
- The title of the image should be the file name, e.g. Winter Sunset.jpg
- The size of each image must be no bigger than 1600 pixels in the horizontal direction and 1200 pixels in the vertical direction. Note that if you enter a PDI image in ‘portrait’ format, the maximum vertical size remains at 1200 pixels. If you are unsure how to size an image, please ask a member.
- Files should be submitted as attachments by email to email@example.com.
- The following details should be included with a submission
- Club Membership ID
- Image Titles and where applicable Genres
|Name:||A Member||Membership No.||123|
|Titles||Genre 1||Genre 1||Genre 3|
See Competition Notices for this years genres and set subjects
- Files should be submitted before midnight on the closing date of the competition
- IOS users please note that images should be sent as an attachment within a zip file. Images just sent as an attachment are received as thumbnails and do not project in full size.
- Prints should be mounted on card not exceeding 500 mm x 400 mm and the complete mounted print entered should be no more than 3mm thick.
- Prints can be of any size up to the size of the mount
- There must be no adhesive material or adhesive tape on the reverse face of the mount
- The rear of the mount should have a text block containing:
- Membership number (not name)
- ‘Penrith and District Camera Club’
- Prints may be submitted at club meetings or by arrangement with the Internal competition secretary
- A digital image should also be submitted for each print using the submission rules above. If a member wishes a print to earn Genre points, then that must be indicated with the digital image submission
Scoring of Competitions
The following competitions are judged:
- 3 x PDI competitions
- 3 x Print competitions
- Summer challenge
- Millennium Trophy
The judge will award each submission a Bronze, Silver, or Gold standard and also nominate an overall winner. Ladder points will be awarded as follows:
- Bronze – 1 point.
- Silver – 2 points.
- Gold – 3 points.
- Winner – 4 points. This includes the 3 points for gold standard.
Members Vote Competitions
The following competitions are members vote competitions
- Print of the Year
- Image of the Year
- Best Image taken on a PDCC outing
Members will vote for a winner in each competition. Ladder points will be awarded as follows
- Each Submission – 1 point
- Winner – 4 points. This includes the 1 point for a submission.
Accumulating Genre Points
Genre Points may be accumulated in any PDCC internal competition.
A member can submit a PDI/Print for consideration in one or more nominated genres. See Competition Notices for this years genres
Where a member submits a PDI/Print for consideration in a nominated Genre the image must be appropriate. For example, submitting a colour image against a monochrome genre would be considered invalid. The decision of the competition secretary on validity is final.
Genre points will follow the scoring as shown above. For example, if a judge awards Silver then 2 genre points will be earned for each genre specified by the member e.g.
Where an image scores genre points these will count in the ladder in addition to the judges score. Examples
|Judges Score||Monochrome (MO)||Night (NI)||Phone (PH)||Ladder Points|
|Image A||Silver – 2 Points||2|
|Image B (MO)||Gold – 3 Point||3||3+3 = 6|
|Image C (MO, NI)||Gold – 3 Points||3||3||3+3+3 = 9|
|Image D (PH)||Bronze – 1 Point||1||1+1 = 2|
|Image E (PH)||Winner – 4 Points||4||4+4 = 8|
|Image F (MO,NI,PH)||Silver – 2 Points||2||2||2||2+2+2+2 = 8|
Note that judges will not be aware of any genres and the PDI/Image will be judged against all other images in the competition without consideration of a nominated genre. For example, if an image is entered for an open competition with a nominated genre of Street Photography it will be judged against images of any subject not just Street Photography.
The PDI and Print Competitions
PDCC will normally hold 3 x PDI and 3 x Print Competitions each year.
These competitions will be externally judged.
These competitions are open subject unless otherwise specified.
Members can submit up to 3 PDIs/Prints for each competition.
There is no restriction when the PDIs/prints were taken. However:
- A PDI/print that scores gold may not submitted in any further PDI/Print competitions
- A PDI/print that scores less than gold may only be submitted in one further PDI/Print Competition.
The Summer Challenge and Millennium Trophy
These PDI competitions will be held annually and the subjects will be set. See Competition Notices for details of set subjects.
The competitions will be judged, normally by a club member. The judge cannot submit entries to the competition. So that the judge is not disadvantaged in the ladder competition an award of 5 points will be made.
Members can submit up to 3 PDIs for each competition.
For the Summer challenge the photograph must have been taken between the last meet of the previous season (April) and the 1st meet of the new season (September).
Image of the Year / Print of the year
The Image of the Year and Print of the year competitions will be held annually normally after the AGM on the final meet of the season.
Members can only submit 1 PDI and 1 Print respectively for these competitions
These competitions will not be judged. Members will vote for a winner after viewing the PDIs/Prints.
These competitions are open subject however the PDI/Print submitted must have been entered and judged in one of the following competitions during the current year
- Any PDI or Print competitions
- The Millennium Trophy
- The Summer Challenge
Best Image taken on a Club Outing
The Best Image taken on a Club Outing competition will be held annually normally after the AGM on the final meet of the season.
Members can only submit 1 PDI for this competition. The image must have been taken on a club outing during the current year – between the previous AGM and the current AGM
This competition will not be judged. Members will vote for a winner after viewing the Images